What we are doing
This work involves removing a disused GWM structure and road strengthening and resurfacing works, including traffic management at the following locations:
- Wimmera Highway, outside the Murtoa Tip, at Murtoa
This maintenance work is necessary to improve the condition of the road's surface to ensure the future safety and reliability of the road.
When to expect us
Our crews will be working from 23 - 27 September 2019 and the road will be closed day and night.
How will these works impact you?
During these maintenance works, there'll be:
- road closures along the Wimmera Highway at Murtoa. Road open to local traffic only
- detours supported by on-site traffic management
- a speed reduction to ensure the safety of our work crews and motorists.
More information on detours
During works along the Wimmera Highway at Murtoa, there’ll be detours in place for:
- East of Murtoa traffic will be detoured along the Donald-Murtoa Road
- West of Murtoa traffic will be detoured along the Stawell-Warracknabeal Road
- Detours will add 30km and 20 minutes to a trip
- Works are being carried out during the school holidays to minimise traffic impact.
Works are also subject to dry weather conditions, and if these conditions do not allow works to be undertaken they may need to be rescheduled.
Plan ahead, look out for extra signage and traffic management crews on site to help direct traffic throughout these works.