Drummond Street North - between Sturt and Webster streets
Updated - April 2020Safety upgrades along the busy medical precinct of Drummond Street North, between Sturt Street and Webster Street, were completed In March 2020.
- upgrading the pedestrian cross-over at the Mair Street/Drummond Street roundabout
- increasing the width of Mair/Drummond street roundabout and incorporating a mountable kerb, to slow traffic speed
- installing centre median line-marking on Drummond Street, from Sturt Street to Webster Street, to provide refuge for pedestrians from passing traffic
- installing a kerb outstand on the south-east corner of Drummond Street and Mair Street roundabout, to reduce the pedestrian crossing distance
- installing a pedestrian crossing near the Drummond Street North entrance of Ballarat Health Services
- introducing a permanent 40km/h speed limit in Drummond Street, between Sturt Street and Webster Street.
Subscribe to our mailing list for updates on projects in your area.
Get in touch
For more information about pedestrian safety projects, please get in touch.
Email: [email protected]
Call: 133 RRV (133 778)