Plans include traffic calming measures and upgrades to key roads, intersections and infrastructure to reduce the risks of crashes and improve safety for our most vulnerable road users.
Steinfeld Street North (Canadian Creek Trail extension)
An important connection of cycling and pedestrian infrastructure in and around the Ballarat CBD has been the installation of traffic signals for cyclists and pedestrians at the intersection of Barkly Street and Steinfeld Street North. We also converted the intersection to left-out only onto Barkly Street, to reduce the risk of crashes at the intersection. These works were completed in mid-2019.
Another part of this project already completed includes building a shared path along the west side of Anderson Street, from Eastwood Street to Steinfeld Street North.
- extending the popular Canadian Creek Trail into the CBD
- improved pedestrian and cyclist safety
- connecting missing links in the cycling network.
- Implement a shared cycling/car zone along Steinfeld Street North, from Anderson Street East to Peel Street South
- Upgrade the existing crossing points over Peel Street and Humffray Street at the intersection with Steinfeld Street North.
Grenville Street to Eastwood/Dana street
- Construct an exclusive separated bike path on the east side of Grenville Street, between Mair Street and Eastwood/Dana Street
- Remove one "through" south-bound traffic lane between Curtis Street and Little Bridge Street to provide for bike lane
- Remove one left-turn lane at the bottom of Sturt Street, turning into Grenville Street/Curtis Street
Change access to the Woolworths/Coles carpark from Grenville Street to a left-in or left-out only with raised crossing.
Yarrowee Trail link (Peel Street and Scott Parade)
- Line-mark a shared path along the west side of Peel Street North, from Rowe Street Ebden Street
- Widen the existing roundabout pedestrian refuge to improve the crossing points at Scott Parade
- Implement a shared cycling/vehicle zone along Shepperd Street between Davies St and Grenville St
- Construct a shared path along the east side of Davies Street, from Mair Street to the railway underpass.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the Ballarat CBD Connections plan or want to receive regular project updates, please contact us.
Email: [email protected]
Call: 133 RRV (133 778)