Works will include:
- construction of a new dual lane roundabout at the Princes Highway and McEacharn Street intersection
- extra lanes on the Princes Highway between the entrance to Howitt Park playground and Alexander Parade western intersection
- realignment of the Dickeson Lane entry to maintain current access
- upgrades to the Princes Highway and Alexander Parade western intersection including a new right turn lane from the highway
- upgrades to the Princes Highway and Hadfield Street intersection including a new left turn lane from the highway
- conversion of the Hadfield Street and Alexander Parade intersection into exit only for Alexander Parade residents.
- new left turn lane from the highway into Howitt Park playground area
- completion of a shared path from the Mitchell River bridge to Great Alpine Road.
This section of the highway will be made safer thanks to a $9.7 million investment as part of the Australian Government’s $300 million commitment to upgrade the Princes Highway Corridor in Victoria delivered in partnership with the Victorian Government.
The population of Bairnsdale has grown significantly over the past decade, increasing the number of vehicles on the town’s road network. Road users are experiencing longer delays and access issues, particularly at the Princes Highway.
Long-term planning for improvements to the road network is crucial to Bairnsdale’s future and tourism. That is why we’re planning for multiple projects across Bairnsdale.
You can read more about the projects on our Bairnsdale road improvement planning webpage.
Pre-construction activities are underway
We’ll keep the community informed as we progress the project.
Get in touch
For more information about this project, please get in touch.
Call: 133 778
Email: [email protected]