The landslip prevention works will provide safer roads and better movement for freight across Gippsland, Hume and Barwon South West. The works will benefit communities and tourists who rely on road access being open all year round.
Works are anticipated to be completed in December 2021.
Update - August 2021
To find out more about the works happening in your area, visit our interactive map.
- Great Alpine Road, Porepunkah to Hotham Heights
- Bogong High Plains Road, Tawonga to Falls Creek
- Mount Buller Road, Mirimbah to Mount Buller
- Mount Stirling Road, Mirimbah to Mount Stirling
Barwon South West
- Great Ocean Road, Cape Patton (complete)
- Colac Lavers Hill Road, 10km south of Gellibrand (complete)
- Skenes Creek Road, Skenes Creek – approx. 10km from Apollo Bay (underway)
- Great Ocean Road, Cape Otway (complete)
- Great Ocean Road, Separation Creek (complete)
- Great Ocean Road Wongarra stabilisation works (complete)
- Deans Marsh Lorne Road, 15km north of Lorne (complete)
- Cobden Port Campbell Road, Cobden, stabilisation works (underway)
- Great Alpine Road, Wiseleigh (complete)
- Great Alpine Road, Snakes Back (underway)
- Great Alpine Road, Namestone Point (commencing 2021)
- Great Alpine Road, Shady Creek (commencing 2021)