We're delivering major upgrades across the Loddon Mallee region in northern Victoria, including vital safety and maintenance improvements.
Our Loddon Mallee region encompasses a large number of communities including City of Greater Bendigo, Mildura Rural City Council, Rural City of Swan Hill, and the shires of Buloke, Campaspe, Gannawarra, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Central Goldfields and Mount Alexander.
Key features of our region
The area we cover is broad from Gisborne up to Mildura, and Donald to Echuca and the communities we serve diverse. We’re here to help support people to get where they need to go through simple, connected journeys. Our focus areas include improving road and active transport in keeping with population changes, tourism and industry including:
- Supporting freight including almonds, carrots, grapes and wine
- Tourism across the region including our important Murray River towns, Silo Art Trail, lakes and wine regions
- Cycling routes including on road and off road solutions
- Protecting wildlife and native plant species in our road reserves.
What we're doing
We have major works across the region including:
- Station Road and Saunders Road, New Gisborne intersection upgrade
- Murray Valley Highway, Lake Charm to Lake Boga
- New and improved rest areas along the Murray Valley Highway at Wood Wood, Lake Powell and Wyuna
We’re also investigating traffic flow, safety and active transport solutions at:
- McIvor Highway from Strathdale to Longlea
- Strathfieldsaye Road (Bendigo-Redesdale Road) from Strathdale to Axe Creek.
The 2020/21 Budget is enabling us to deliver a range of important road repairs including:
- Northern Highway
- McIvor Highway
- Calder Highway/Freeway
We’re also supporting economic recovery through a variety of Victorian and Commonweath COVID-19 stimulus projects including:
- Upgrading bridges on Gisborne Kilmore Road and Murray Valley Highway
- Improving pedestrian and road safety at Eaglehawk and Kangaroo Flat.
Meet your Regional Director
Melanie Hotton - Regional Director, Loddon Mallee Region
Mel is passionate about regional communities and brings her experience in leadership roles across local and state governments to improve Loddon Mallee residents’ journeys whether by car, truck, bike or walking. Road safety is a key focus for Mel.
Previously working with Bushfire Recovery Victoria, Mel is known as a champion for business and economic recovery and will lead Loddon Mallee Region in delivering a raft of projects to boost communities impacted by COVID-19.
With a young family Mel appreciates the lifestyle provided living in a regional community and looks forward to exploring all that the City in the Forest and surrounds has to offer.