Our pilot program provides up to $500,000 in funding for native vegetation projects along our roadside to support habitats for flora and fauna and maintain biodiversity and aesthetic values.
Projects must be located within the Bass Coast, South Gippsland, Baw Baw, Latrobe, Wellington and East Gippsland councils that includes all or part of the West Gippsland, East Gippsland, Port Phillip and Westernport Catchment Management Authorities.
Applications are now open.
How much is available
Up to $500,000 is available.
The grant program will fund projects between $5,000 and $50,000 and will consider activities that demonstrate protection and restoration of the environment, including native vegetation, native flora, waterways, wetlands and soils.
For the types of projects that could be funded, refer to our list of examples in the Gippsland Transport Environmental Projects Pilot Program Guidelines [PDF 342 Kb].
Please see our FAQs [PDF 167 Kb], for any questions you may have.
How to apply
- Read the Guidelines [PDF 342 Kb] to determine if your project is suitable.
- Login or Register to start your online grant application on the SmartyGrants site.
- Complete your application online by 11.59pm Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- You will be advised of the outcome of your application within four (4) weeks of applications closing.
Guidelines and Criteria
Download the Guidelines [PDF 342 Kb] for this grant.
Who can apply?
Those that focus on on-ground land and natural environmental improvement works, such as Landcare groups and networks, Friends of groups, Conservation Management Networks, Committees of Management and Coastcare groups.
- Be an incorporated association registered through Consumer Affairs Victoria, or be incorporated through an incorporated association, e.g., Landcare Victoria Incorporated; and
- Hold insurance sufficient to safeguard volunteers and participants involved in the funded activities, including public liability insurance of at least $10 million and personal accident insurance.
Groups and networks that do not meet the above requirements can still apply for funding but must operate under the auspices of an organisation that meet these requirements.