We're delivering major upgrades across the Gippsland region, including vital safety and maintenance improvements.
Our Gippsland region includes communities and townships across the state's east and eastern coastal areas including the city of Latrobe; the shires of Bass Coast, Baw Baw, East Gippsland, South Gippsland and Wellington; and Mount Baw Baw Alpine Resort.
What we've done
We’ve delivered a range of important projects in recent months, including:
- Replaced the ageing timber bridge over Bingo Munjie Creek on the Omeo Highway with new concrete culverts.
- Replaced the old timber bridge over Iguana Creek on Bairnsdale-Dargo Road in Glenaladale with a new, stronger concrete bridge.
- Created two new raised pedestrian crossings and upgraded an existing zebra crossing in Wonthaggi.
- Upgraded the intersection of Princes Highway and Kosciuszko Street with the installation of traffic lights and dedicated left and right-hand turn lanes.
- Upgraded the intersection of Princes Highway and Bank Street with the installation of traffic lights to be switched on in conjunction with the Gippsland Line Upgrade and dedicated left and right-hand turn lanes.
- Upgraded several sections of the Great Alpine Road in notorious landslip locations to improve safety, efficiency and access for all road users.
- Upgraded several sections of the Princes Highway East between Sale and NSW to improve safety and efficiency along this busy route.
What we’re doing
Works underway and coming up in the region include:
- Replacing the ageing timber bridge on Tyers Road with a new reinforced concrete bridge to provide a safe and secure future road connection
- Upgrades to the Bass Highway in Kilcunda to improve traffic flow, safety and access.
- Construction of an overtaking lane on the Strzelecki Highway between Morwell and Mirboo North to improve safety and efficiency