We're delivering major upgrades in the Barwon South West region, including vital safety and maintenance improvements.
Our region spans over Victoria's south west reaches and encompasses communities from the cities of Greater Geelong and Warrnambool; the shires of Colac Otway, Corangamite, Glenelg, Moyne, Southern Grampians and the SurfCoast; and the borough of Queenscliffe.
What we're doing
We’re delivering important transport projects across the region, while also supporting jobs on the ground and throughout the supply chain such as:
- Lara Six Ways intersection upgrade, Lara
- Grubb Road and Smithton Grove intersection upgrade, Ocean Grove
- Surfcoast Highway planning study, Belmont to Mt Duneed
- Princes Highway West corridor improvements
- Barwon Heads Road and Blackrock Road intersection upgrade, Connewarre.
The Victorian Government has also invested $255 million to safeguard the Great Ocean Road and its inland routes, as well as key roads that support the local dairy industry between the Great Ocean Road and the Princes Highway.
As part of our 2022/23 maintenance season, crews have resurfaced several key roads across the region, including:
We’ve also rebuilt sections of: